Programs & Services
For Volunteers. HandsOn Greater DC Cares gives you the opportunity to sign-up for projects that fit your schedule and interests. To learn more about our programs, visit our For Volunteers Page.
For Organizations. HandsOn Greater DC Cares are experts at developing projects that combine the assets and the needs of all of our clients (business, volunteer and nonprofit.). We provide project management and ensure that all our efforts have real impact in the community. To learn more about our programs, visit our For Organizations Page
One-time, hands-on volunteer projects that fit your schedule. You will be involved in activities like food delivery, painting, landscaping, park clean-ups etc.
Volunteer projects that require technical expertise in fields like financial management; technology; organizational development; communications/marketing; human resource management; and fundraising.
Board Leadership Program
Training and placing corporate executives for service on nonprofit boards
Emphasizes the importance of being a good neighbor and helping the neighborhood from the inside out.
Moved to Serve
Provides organizations and groups with a tailored day of service.
Community Tool Chest
A tool lending library for nonprofits
Emergency Preparedness and Response
Training and connecting volunteers to nonprofits that respond to emergencies
Connecting volunteers to local tutoring programs
Large Days of Service
These are one-day events that feature many of our programs:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday of Service Celebrating the legacy of Dr. King promoting volunteer action as a tool for social justice
- Servathon The region's largest, most exciting day of service!
- 9/11 National Day of Service & Remembrance Honors the victims & heroes of September 11 through service
- Nonprofit Orientations and Site Visits as part of the intake processes for all new Greater DC Cares’ nonprofit partners
- Volunteer Coordinators Council, a peer support network for those who manage volunteers
- Leadership Development and Trainings
- Volunteer Orientations, a brief online orientation for all HandsOn Greater DC Cares members
- Leadership Development and Trainings, volunteer management training for volunteers who want to lead other volunteers
- Business Volunteerism Council, trainings for the effective development of community investing programs and partnerships with nonprofits
- Business & Nonprofit Philanthropy Summit & Awards, this annual event brings together 400 corporate & nonprofit CEOs to discuss best practices, successes, rewards and challenges in community investing
- Strategic Consulting, assistance in developing community investing programs that help meet business goals and strengthen their bottom lines
- "My Business Cares"™ Seal of Approval, recognizing socially responsible companies